Types and Steps to Install Wood Flooring
Wood flooring installation is a new trend among people who are shifting to newly built houses. People prefer having wooden flooring rather than old carpeted floors. Being a common trend, companies have now been introducing various types of wood flooring. Each of them varies in its own sense. They have different durability levels and strength levels. Comparing them together will let us know which one could be the best choice for us.
After going through many customer reviews, we were brought to a conclusion that people do not allot time in research. They directly go and buy stuff. This results in damaged or unworthy products. Therefore, we recommend people to give proper time in researching for the best product since you will be spending your hard earned money on it. Nobody wishes to waste their money over damaged products, then why not research about it?
Below you will find a few comparisons between some of the effect of wood flooring. You will be guided on what places they must be used and what benefits you will be receiving. Have a look!
Solid Hardwood Flooring and Engineered Hardwood Flooring
Solid hardwood flooring is an excellent choice for people who want to stay on a small budget. Solid hardwood floor installation can last for decades if it is used with proper care. It has a thickness of ¾ inches on an average calculation. While on the other hand, Engineer hardwood flooring is considered among the best kind of wood flooring. It has thick planks which are covered with layers of veneer.
Surface gives a finishing look at the end of the day. Engineered wood flooring Installation may cost you a bit more in comparison to solid hardwood flooring because of its veneer layers. But, we must add that the money will be worth it. The material used in making engineered wood flooring is the best of its kind because of which its cost goes high. The veneer finishing can be done twice or thrice, depending on you. Overall, engineered hardwood flooring wins over solid hardwood flooring unless you want to stay on a small budget.
Prefinished Wood Flooring and Unfinished Wood Flooring
Prefinished wood flooring is a good option to choose for people who wish to stay hassle free in most of their times. Prefinished wood flooring gets all the work done at the factory. The finishing products, fumes and other installation products are kept at the factory. The workers complete their work there and bring the product at home which can directly be installed.
This type of flooring safety method is favorable for families with smaller children. Since they would wish to get their work done as quickly as possible, they can opt for prefinished wood flooring.
This method further reduces the cost of labor which would come at your home for installation. They are said to be more durable because factories can do this finishing work in a better way possible in comparison to labors doing it at home after installation.
Unfinished wood flooring Installationis favorable in situations where people want add wooden flooring at places where there is already wooden flooring done. This means, matching the color of the wood is equally important to the customer. It would not be right if there are two separate color schemes on the floor.
Unfinished wood flooring can be done after choosing the right color shade. You can check the shade in different kinds of lights around your house. This type of flooring is an advantage for those who wish to keep a uniform color around their house. Basically, customers can quickly adjust between planks with unfinished wood flooring method.
How to Install Wood Floor – DIY
Now you may begin with installing wood flooring at your home. If you do not prefer any professional help, you can follow these steps and do it on your own.
• Firstly, read the above mentioned types of wood flooring and choose the best one for your house or room. Look for all the benefits it can provide you. Do not skip on its drawbacks otherwise you may receive negative results.
• Next, measure the length and width of your room to calculate the number of planks you would need for the entire area. Do your calculations properly. You may want to take a bit of professional help here instead of going short of planks.
• Prepare your subfloor. Look for any squeaky sounds and fix it before you start installing your wood flooring.
• A barrier paper is an important step you should do. It is done in order to block out any kind of moisture penetrating. The wall paper is to be spread on the subfloor before you begin with wood flooring.
• Now you can start installing the planks. Place your boards on every row and start bringing them close together. Drill holes into it which will further be tightened together through joints. Use pneumatic nail guns to bring together planks as tightly as possible. You may get it on rent or buy it.
• Staple the boards together at a degree which fixes them properly.
• Your last step would be to fix baseboards around the corners of the floor. The baseboards are to be put at the point where the wall meets the floor so that it hides all types of untidiness. Also, it gives a finishing and decent look at the end.
Once you have gotten your wood floor installed, you are requested to take proper care. You will have to maintain it according to the type of wood you have chosen. If you have selected solid hardwood then you must get it polished after every 3 to 4 years to maintain its look. Prefinished flooring will give you the best look. Also, engineered hardwood floor will be durablebecause of its moisture resistant feature. Overall, wood flooring installation can be the best choice one can make because it gives the most decent look in comparison to old carpeted floors.
View here to know about wooden staircase refinishing & installation.
Engineered Hardwood Flooring And Installation, Hardwood Floor Coating And Finish, Hardwood Flooring Installation Contractors, Hardwood Floors Refinishing, Laminate Floors And Installation